Accommodation must be booked by the competitor and is NOT included in your entry fee. On this page you’ll find:
- Accommodation Location suggestions based on the location of each stage
- Alice Springs recommended accommodation
- Crowne Plaza Lasseters (the official event hotel)
- Double Tree by Hilton
- Mercure Alice Springs
- Glen Helen recommended accommodation – book this early
- Lodge – SOLD OUT
- Camp Village (with Rapid Ascent supplied gear) – SOLD OUT
- Camp Spot (BYO gear)
- Hire campervan options
- Alice Springs recommended accommodation
- Things to do and see in Alice Springs
Accommodation LOCATION suggestions for the Run Larapinta Stage Race:
AUGUST 2022 – SOLD OUT
- Thursday 11 August – stay in Alice Springs (if you arrive early)
- Friday 12 August (Day 1)– stay in Alice Springs
- Saturday 13 August (Day 2) – stay in Alice Springs
- Sunday 14 August (Day 3) – stay at Glen Helen (book early – lodge, camping or campervan options)
- Monday 15 August (Day 4) – stay at Glen Helen (book early – lodge, camping or campervan options)
- Tuesday 16 August – Stay in Alice Springs (if you are still around)
NOTE: Race HQ for the August race moves on Day 3, so we suggest you and your supporters do too! (This is not mandatory, just keeps things simpler for all)
Alice Springs accommodation
Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters
This is the official event hotel for April and August and will be the host of registration and several functions associated with the events.
BOOK ONLINE HERE
- Under “rate preference” , Select “Group Rate” and enter the code RUN
- Click on search and the contracted group rate shall be displayed.
Winners of 2018’s prestigious NT Tourism Brolga awards for best Deluxe accommodation, this 4.5 star resort is set amongst the stunning MacDonnell Ranges and adjoins the Alice Springs Convention Centre. All rooms and suites boast complimentary internet and a private balcony or courtyard showcasing magnificent views.
Telephone: 08 8950 7777
Email: [email protected] (quote Run Larapinta Stage Race when booking)
Mercure Alice Springs Resort
TO BOOK: Call The Mercure Alice Springs directly on 08 8951 4545 or BOOK ONLINE.
Nestled on the banks of the famous Todd River only a 5-minute walk from the town center, The Mercure Alice Springs Resort combines friendly and efficient outback service with modern, comfortable facilities in 4.5-star surrounds.
or call 08 8951 4545 to book
Double Tree by Hilton – Alice Springs
DoubleTree by Hilton has recently been renovated and offers eco-friendly luxury on the banks of the Todd River just 2km from the town centre. Newly renovated rooms include balconies with garden and mountain views over the MacDonnell Ranges. The hotel also offers a 24-hour fitness center, two tennis courts, heated outdoor pool overlooking the lush garden landscape (home to our resident peacock!).
Telephone: 08 8950 8000 ( 1-855-610-TREE)
Location: 82 Barrett Dr, Alice Springs.
There is an abundance of accommodation options in Alice Springs, from camping or staying in a cabin to motel/ hotel rooms to apartments with full kitchen or that at home feeling with a B’nB.
Glen Helen accommodation
Update: Glen Helen’s bunkhouse and motel rooms are now SOLD OUT. Powered and unpowered sites are still available for camping if you want to bring your own tent/campervan/caravan – see option b) below.
There is limited accommodation at Glen Helen. We block book the entire place but if you want a hotel bed you MUST BOOK THIS EARLY otherwise you can join the rest of us who camp. Accommodation options at Glen Helen include:
- A) Discovery Parks – Glen Helen – room or dorm-style bed. SOLD OUT
- B) Camp sites with BYO tent or campervan etc. Unpowered and powered sites available. Book directly through Discovery Parks – Glen Helen
- C) Join the Run Larapinta ‘Camp Village’. SOLD OUT – with supplied tent, sleeping mat, chair and pillow provided by Rapid Ascent- limited to 80 spots. Book this directly with us at Rapid Ascent when you enter online or via the merchandise page. More details below…
B) TO BOOK a camp site with BYO tent or campervan:
Call Glen Helen directly, advising them that you are part of the Run Larapinta group when booking
C) **SOLD OUT** TO BOOK into the ‘Run Larapinta Camp Village’ with supplied tent, sleeping mat etc:
NOTE – the ‘Run Larapinta Camp Village’ has SOLD OUT. Please pursue another accommodation option as detailed on this webpage
Join us in our ‘Run Larapinta Camp Village’ where Rapid Ascent provides and sets up all your camping gear so all you have to bring is a sleeping bag and pillow slip!
For just $130 (per person for 2 nights) we will set you up with:
- Your own cosy tent (you get a 2 person tent each)
- A super comfy sleeping mattress (10cm thick!)
- A pillow
- A camp chair
- all set up on a large grassy area right next to the homestead
**Please note booking the camping village includes your site fee for 2 nights. You do not need to contact Glen Helen to book a site**
You just need to BYO sleeping bag, towel and pillow slip!
CLICK HERE for an INFORMATION SHEET on the Run Larapinta Camp Village
Other accommodation options at Glen Helen:
Another option is to bring your own (or hire!) camping gear from Alice Springs. Alice Camp ‘N’ Drive can help you out with camping gear… and it’s very affordable!
FULL CAMPING KITS Available! Collect Saturday and bring on bus to Glen Helen on Sunday. CLICK HERE
Or give them a call to make arrangements on 08 8952 5175.
The final (popular) alternative is to book a campervan when you are in Alice Springs and drive yourself to Glen Helen and stay in your campervan! This would give you a mode of transport, bed and cooking facilities and access to showers and toilets at the Lodge as well and has been popular in the past.
Pricing: As a guide, a campervan booked from Thursday to Tuesday could cost approximately $550. Please note prices vary week to week so if you are interested, please get in touch with one of the hire companies listed above and they will give you current pricing and availability.
We can arrange your airport transfers too / from the airport. Please see the Competitor Services page for further details.
Qantas offer Flights to Alice Springs from most Australian capitial cities. Prices often fluctuate from week to week, and it is not at all uncommon to pick up flights for around $300 or less each way with Qantas from most capital cities if you keep a look out. www.qantas.com.au
Virgin Australia offers flights to Alice Springs from Darwin and Adelaide. www.virginaustralia.com/au
THINGS TO SEE AND DO AROUND ALICE SPRINGS
Central Australia is obviously an incredibly scenic and inspiring place with a massive range of things to see and do both near and far from Alice Springs.
There are numerous tourist attractions and activities that be may be completed during the race week itself if you want to bundle into a car or catch a tour to sites like Simpsons Gap or the Alice Springs Desert Park. Or there are even more that are further a field that we’d encourage you to book an extra night or two before or after racing.
- Ayres Rock and Uluru (guided tours)
- Outdoor Activities (such as camping, scenic flights, fishing)
- Kakadu and Arnhem Land (guided tours)
- Katherine Region (guided tours)
- Alice Springs (guided tours)
- Self-Drive Tours
Alice Springs Desert Park
Immerse yourself in the beauty and mystery of Australia’s deserts. Wander through the ancient landscape. Experience the animals of the night. Discover the diveristy of desert plants. Be inspired by ancient living cultures with local Aboriginal guides. Marvel at the energy and spirit of free flying birds. Visit the park at Larapinta Drive, Alice Springs. Entry is $32 for adults and $16 for children. www.alicespringsdesertpark.com.au
For more ideas, to plan your itinerary or to book a tour please contact Tourism Central Australia: