Accommodation must be booked by the competitor.
18/01/21 UPDATE re April event: The Mercure is no longer available as an event hotel so we have appointed Crowne Plaza Lasseter’s as the event hotel in Alice Springs. Glen Helen will not be open in April so we recommend all runners stay in Alice Springs for the event duration
26/03/21 UPDATE re August event: The Mercure is no longer available as an event hotel so we have appointed The Double Tree by Hilton as the event hotel in Alice Springs. Glen Helen will not be open in August either so we recommend all runners stay in Alice Springs for the event duration.
ALICE SPRINGS ACCOMMODATION
Accommodation update 26-3-21: The Mercure Alice Springs Resort has extended its contract as a quarantine facility for the NT Government and is no longer able to accommodate competitors or the event in April OR AUGUST 2021. This change was e-mailed to competitors and full refunds have been provided to those who booked accommodation at The Mercure.
April race recommendations:
- Crown Plaza Lasseters is the designated event hotel where the event will be centred.
- Double Tree by Hilton is a terrific second option
August race recommendations:
- Doule Tree by Hilton is the designated event hotel where the event will be centred.
- Crowne Plaza Lasseters is a terrific second option
We recommend that competitor stay in the designated event hotel for the event you are attending, but in honesty they are both nice places to stay and are located just 200m apart from one another! We have negotiated discount rates for both hotels as outlined below:
Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters
Winners of 2018’s prestigious NT Tourism Brolga awards for best Deluxe accommodation, this 4.5 star resort is set amongst the stunning MacDonnell Ranges and adjoins the Alice Springs Convention Centre and Lasseters casino and entertainment complex. All rooms and suites boast complimentary internet and a private balcony or courtyard showcasing magnificent views.
APRIL RACE: $145 p/night single person + $20pp for buffet breakfast.A
Rooking references: Quote: RNL when booking (April race only)
Double Tree by Hilton Alice Springs
DoubleTree by Hilton has recently been renovated and offers eco-friendly luxury on the banks of the Todd River just 2km from the town centre. Newly renovated rooms include balconies with garden and mountain views over the MacDonnell Ranges. The hotel also offers a 24-hour fitness center, two tennis courts, heated outdoor pool overlooking the lush garden landscape (home to our resident peacock!).
APRIL RACE: $143 p/night single person including buffet breakfast // $166 p/night twin share including buffet breakfast. CLICK HERE TO BOOK A ROOM in APRIL
AUGUST RACE: $150 p/night single person including buffet breakfast // $170 p/night twin share including buffet breakfast. CLICK HERE TO BOOK A ROOM IN AUGUST .
- Group Code: GRUNLA (put in Special rates in the group code box, not promo)
- Group Name: Run Larapinta Race
Telephone: 08 8950 8000 ( 1-855-610-TREE)
Location: 82 Barrett Dr, Alice Springs.
There is an abundance of accommodation options in Alice Springs, from camping or staying in a cabin to motel/ hotel rooms to apartments with full kitchen or that at home feeling with a B’nB.
GLEN HELEN LODGE ACCOMMODATION
26/3/21 UPDATE: The Glen Helen Outback Lodge cannot confirm they will be open in April or August, or if they will reopen at any point in 2021. Due to this uncertainty the 2021 Run Larapinta Stage Races will NOT be visiting Glen Helen during either events.
- Why: Glen Helen has been closed since ~ March 2020 primarily due to the COVID-19 travel restrictions limiting domestic and (especially) international visitors. International borders are still closed and due to the reduced domestic travel and the uncertainty within the tourism industry, Glen Helen are not willing to confirm a reopening date in 2021.
- How: If you booked either of the following:
- Lodge accommodation or private camping at Glen Helen – your booking has been cancelled and you do not need to contact Glen Helen Lodge.
- Camping in the Rapid Ascent Camp Village (with us) – we will refund your camping fees by Friday 16the April 2021. Please email [email protected] if any issues.
- A camper van or other accommodation options through a third party for the nights at Glen Helen – you will need to review and cancel these yourself
We can arrange your airport transfers too / from the airport. Please see the Competitor Services page for further details.
Qantas offer Flights to Alice Springs from most Australian capitial cities. Prices often fluctuate from week to week, and it is not at all uncommon to pick up flights for around $300 or less each way with Qantas from most capital cities if you keep a look out. www.qantas.com.au
Virgin Australia offers flights to Alice Springs from Darwin and Adelaide. www.virginaustralia.com/au
THINGS TO SEE AND DO AROUND ALICE SPRINGS
Central Australia is obviously an incredibly scenic and inspiring place with a massive range of things to see and do both near and far from Alice Springs.
There are numerous tourist attractions and activities that be may be completed during the race week itself if you want to bundle into a car or catch a tour to sites like Simpsons Gap or the Alice Springs Desert Park. Or there are even more that are further a field that we’d encourage you to book an extra night or two before or after racing.
- Ayres Rock and Uluru (guided tours)
- Outdoor Activities (such as camping, scenic flights, fishing)
- Kakadu and Arnhem Land (guided tours)
- Katherine Region (guided tours)
- Alice Springs (guided tours)
- Self-Drive Tours
Alice Springs Desert Park
Immerse yourself in the beauty and mystery of Australia’s deserts. Wander through the ancient landscape. Experience the animals of the night. Discover the diveristy of desert plants. Be inspired by ancient living cultures with local Aboriginal guides. Marvel at the energy and spirit of free flying birds. Visit the park at Larapinta Drive, Alice Springs. Entry is $32 for adults and $16 for children. www.alicespringsdesertpark.com.au
For more ideas, to plan your itinerary or to book a tour please contact Tourism Central Australia: