The following categories will be acknowledged after each stage as a ‘Stage Winner’ for both April and August Events.
Four-Stage runners and single-stage runners are eligible.
The Malbunka and The Namatjira:
- Junior (U/18) Individual – Male & Female
- Prime (18-39) Individual – Male & Female
- Veteran (40-49) Individual – Male & Female
- Vintage (50-59) Individual – Male & Female
- Masters (60+) Individual – Male & Female
Categories are determined by your age on the first day of racing:
- APRIL EVENT: Wednesday 21 April 2021
- AUGUST EVENT: Thursday 26 August 2021
FIRST PLACE MALBUNKA PRIZE
Win a race entry, meals and accommodation package in Spain!
The 1st place male and female competitors from the Run Larapinta Stage Race – Malbunka (April and August) will each receive a free entry, meals and accommodation package for the 2022 Costa Brava Stage Run valued at $580 (as well as plenty of love and attention from the passionate Spanish!)
The Costa Brava Stage Run is very similar to Run Larapinta but in a completely different, coastal / mountain environment. It has long + short course options, coordinated accommodation, achievable race distances and a friendly race vibe. Check it out : www.cbsr.run/en
NOTE: We will offer this prize to 1st place male & female in the Malbunka, if 1st cannot commit to attending we will offer it to 2nd Malbunka and if they cannot then to 3rd Malbunka. If they cannot attend we will offer it to 1st, then 2nd then 3rd in the Namatjira.
A daily presentation ceremony will be held for each stage as follows:
- Stage 1 presentations at the mid event dinner on Thursday night (APRIL) and Friday night (AUGUST) at The Mercure
- Stage 2 presentations at the mid event dinner on Thursday night
(APRIL) and Friday night (AUGUST) at The Mercure
- Stage 3 presentations on the evening of Stage 3 at Glen Helen Homestead Lodge
- Stage 4 presentations on the evening of Stage 4 at Glen Helen Homestead Lodge
Daily presentations include:
- Presentation of the leaders’ yellow sticker to the leading male and female in the General Classification for both the Malbunka and Namatjira
- Individual male and female category stage winners (four-stage runners and single-stage runners are eligible)
- Plus a bunch of random prizes given away to runners across all divisions
A final presentation ceremony will be held on the evening of Stage 4 (Saturday – APRIL | Sunday – AUGUST) to recognise the following from the past 4 days:
- Top 3 male and females in the General Classification from The Malbunka and The Namatjira who entered as a Four-Stage Runner prior to Stage 1
- Top 3 male and female in each age category in The Malbunka and The Namatjira (listed above) who entered as a ‘Four-Stage Rider’ prior to Stage 1
- Overall and Catgeory winners in the General Classifcation will receive a custom medal
- Plus a bunch of random prizes
UTMB qualifying race
The Run Larapinta Stage Race – Malbunka is registered with the International Trail Running Association (ITRA) and will provide successful runners with ITRA points (to help runners qualify for large international races), and UTMB points as an official qualifying race for this iconic event:
Malbunka – 4 stage finishers receive:
- ITRA rating: 3 Endurance Points, 3 Mountain Points and Finisher Rating of 250.
- UTMB points: 3 Points (new system).